[Bf-python] Re: tp_getset conversion update

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Oct 14 00:57:10 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 08:25:31AM -0700, Ken Hughes wrote:

> The sceneRender module has no attributes at this time.  Some of the
> methods (sceneRender.motionBlurLevel as one example) act like attributes
> in that if an optional param is given it set the Blender attribute, and
> in all cases returns the Blender attribute value.
>
> The real problem is the logical attribute name, motionBlurLevel, is the
> same at the method name.
>
> So options I see are:
> (1) ignore those attributes
> (2) come up with new attribute names
> (3) some more brilliant idea suggested by one of you
>
> Suggestions?

Rather that putting it off, it seems better to deal with the names as
they come up.

As Willian points out, eventually we will move away from
methods for attribute access.

Since there are no attributes at this time, we essentially have
a free hand here.

The toggle buttion itself is labeled MBLUR.  The tooltip
on the Bf numbut says 'set motion blur factor'.

In keeping with our principle of making the API look (kinda sorta) like
the GUI, this suggests a root something like mblur or moblur.
So maybe  mBlurFactor or moBlurFactor?

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net