[Bf-python] Re: tp_getset conversion update

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Oct 14 02:13:11 CEST 2005

Stephen Swaney wrote:

> Rather that putting it off, it seems better to deal with the names as
> they come up.
>
> As Willian points out, eventually we will move away from
> methods for attribute access.
>
> Since there are no attributes at this time, we essentially have
> a free hand here.
>
> The toggle buttion itself is labeled MBLUR.  The tooltip
> on the Bf numbut says 'set motion blur factor'.
>
> In keeping with our principle of making the API look (kinda sorta) like
> the GUI, this suggests a root something like mblur or moblur.
> So maybe  mBlurFactor or moBlurFactor?

Ok, here's a quick breakdown of the problem names, with some suggestions
  for attributes (I think this covers 95-99% of the conflicting names):

  'aspectRatioX',            'aspRatioX'
  'aspectRatioY',            'aspRatioY'
  'currentFrame',            'currentFrm'
  'edgeAntiShift',           'antiShift'
  'edgeIntensity',           'egdeIntens'
  'enableBackbuf',           'backbuf'
  'endFrame',                'endFrm'
  'framesPerSec',            'frmPerSec'
  'gammaLevel',              'gammaLvl'
  'gaussFilterSize',         'gaussFiltersize'
  'imageSizeX',              'sizeX'
  'imageSizeY',              'sizeY'
  'motionBlurLevel',         'motionBlurLvl'
  'newMapValue',             'newMap'
  'oldMapValue',             'oldMap'
  'partsX',                  'xParts'
  'partsY',                  'yParts'
  'postProcessAdd',          'postprocessAdd'
  'postProcessGamma',        'postprocessGamma'
  'postProcessMultiply',     'postprocessMul'
  'quality',                 'qual'
  'startFrame'               'startFrm'

All the yafray methods start with "yafray"; we can start the attributes
with either "Yafray" or "yafRay" or "yafray_"?

Then there are many "enable" methods, which get/set individual bits in
bitfields; I can either reproduce them or make "flag"-type attributes
for them.

Ken