[Bf-python] Re: tp_getset conversion update

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Thu Oct 13 20:19:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

The improved API that should come out of this effort will favor
attributes and we'll probably simply remove the equivalent methods.

Right now I suggest you don't worry about names, then. You can simply
append a string (ex: ".motionBlurLevel_NEWAPI") to all these attributes
and later, when uneeded methods go away, we just remove these appended
strs all at once.

Once all tp_getset code is in we have the chance to give a minimal,
clean, standard "face" to the whole API. This will be a great
opportunity. Sure it'll mean incompatibility with old scripts, but it'll
be used to start collecting updated / new scripts, making sure they have
been well tested and have good documentation, so it'll be helpful in the
end.

--
Willian