[Bf-python] Python API patch for IPO texture channels

Johnny Matthews johnny.matthews at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:31:39 CET 2005

I think we may want to look at some analogs to the modeler so that
python can act in a pseudo-macro sense.
like this:

for i in range(1,100):
    obj.setLoc(x,y,z)          // Grab
    obj.insertKey(Loc)       // Presses i key and chooses Loc
    frame.advance()           // Right arrow key (this is just pseudocode)

Then as a scripter, I can call a function in the API that is a function
of the program.

Personally I think some api functions that are "higher level" meaning
that they can be done already with a lot
more api code rather than a single call are a good thing IF those have
meaning in the application itself. Like
"insert Key" or "subdivide". Provides for easier automation certainly.

Johnny