[Bf-funboard] Boolean question

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Sun Jan 27 22:57:32 CET 2008

key W --- Boolean difference.
My daughter uses Blender to do 3D's of stately homes but has massive problems
with 'differencing' as do I with my airboats and hovercraft designs.

Differencing a cube from wall cube cube or extruded plane seems to join the 2
objects and then one has to delete the faces of the window (cutting) cube to see
the window hole.

--- Why does Blender make a second copy of both objects and not delete the original?
--- Why doesn't intersect or difference produce exactly that on the original
object as happens on 3dmax, maya, turbocad and other 3d cad softwares.

--- Can boolean difference be changed to simply and cleanly remove one object
from another and delete the original leaving the changed object in place?

Frequently she has to create between 10 and 30 window  and door holes in walls
it would be great if one could set up all the window cut cubes in place, join
them and difference the joined unit as a whole from the walls. When I have need
to create window holes they often have to be done one at a time and then only 4
or 5 can be cut before Blender refuses to cut more.

Thanks
Roger