[Bf-docboard] Verbosity of Editors

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Thu Feb 19 21:31:30 CET 2015

On 19.02.2015 16:55, Kevin Mossey wrote:
> My opinion, although I'm really new to editing this doc, is that there
> should be a single high-level page talking about the 3d viewport, that
> includes a paragraph or two about each of: the toolshelf, properties
> shelf,  header, and viewer.  It should mention how to get to it (by
> selecting the 3d viewport icon,etc),
+1
> open/close the toolshelves with mouse or hotkeys (t&n),
I propose to improve this page instead and maybe make it a little bit
more explanatory:

http://www.blender.org/manual/getting_started/basics/interface/introduction.html

> what the general usefulness of each section is,
Would it be sufficient to say in general ? :

* Tool Shelf: a collection of Editor (and mode-) dependent operations
* Properties Shelf: a collection of Editor (and mode-) dependent settings

Actually maybe this could also happen in the introduction page that i
mentioned
above?

-gaia-