[Bf-docboard] added updated page on adding new editors/spaces

Michael Neilly mneilly at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 10:06:38 CET 2013

Per the wiki guidelines I'm sending this to bf-docboard...

I added a new page attempting to walk through the minimal set of code changes required to add a new (not fully functional) editor/space. This page is located at: Dev:2.6/Source/Tutorials/AddAnEditor. It could stand to be fleshed out with more complete descriptions of the code but I think it is a reasonable start...

I also updated Dev:2.6/Doc/How_to/Add_a_Space to refer to this new page since there is a 2.4 version of this page but not a 2.5 or 2.6 version.

Hopefully this will be useful to those trying to understand how the window hierarchy in Blender works (such as myself).

thanks
-M