[Bf-docboard] Suggestions to improve wiki useability

Cal McGaugh cal at cal3d.com
Thu Jan 17 08:58:21 CET 2013

Hi Ivan,

sorry, meant to reply earlier.....I would like for you to keep your current text
as it is very good and detailed. Just break up the blocks of text into shorter
paragraphs, and add links (named anchors) on the right as Fade showed us
in his test pages.

OR break up the one page into about 5 separate pages (with
links to each page). That's just my recommendation. =)

BTW, I saved your page on my desktop.....the formatting is totally messed up
(lol) but
it will give me time to look at it if you are going to make changes.

One thing Fade suggested was to put a note at the top to let everyone know the
page is
being worked on and by whom so there is no duplication.

If I may quote you, Fade:

" just make a note on the page you want to edit and link to
your WIP page. That way anyone who goes to the page will see that
someone is working on it. If you stick the following code underneath the
header, it will show up in the Task List page and be very clear that
someone is working on the page."

E.g.
    {{review|fixes=[[User:greylica/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modifiers/Generate/Booleans |
WIP  here]]}}

I also suggest we put the date started as well.

BTW, what time zone are you in?  Fade's in Oz (good friends there).   Jared & I
are in Southern California.

It will be good to work together on the committee. =)

Cal