[Bf-docboard] Suggestions to improve wiki useability

Cal McGaugh cal at cal3d.com
Fri Jan 11 12:47:52 CET 2013

Jared,

which of my suggestions do you not agree with & why?

I also agree that indenting is helpful.....as well as bulleted points, bold  (vs
italics), and a
reasonable font size increase for subjects vs the content.

Would  use boxes much less, if at all as they are visually distracting.

Would try to encourage writers to be more concise, less verbose, though not
necessarily terse,
and to split up text blocks into smaller paragraphs, allowing good use of "white
space".

Would not recommend colored boxes and/or text at all, unless it was to improve
contrast for text links,
especially those in blocks of text.

Also, screen shots should include more of the gui, so users can see easily where
to find things,  instead of just panel images, at least at the beginning of a
page.

I would remove all the numbers in the headers as they are not linked &
meaningless......just more to mentally filter out to no purpose.

Cal