[Bf-docboard] Resource List

Raindrops From Sky raindrops.fromsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:39:00 CEST 2010

Thanks for that update.

However, there are two reasons why I'll need a much more thorough listing:
1. To save the effort needed to type the text of menus, hotkeys, controls
and context menus.
2. To ensure that nothing is missed out (or misplaced in a wrong place of
manual)

That's why I need a complete listing of all hotkeys, context menus and GUI
controls.

In Windows applications developed on MS Visual Studio, the resource file can
be used for that. (Although it is not directly usable, it saves a lot of
effort). I am looking for a Python equivalent for that.

Can someone create the latest listing for this purpose? Thanks in advance!

****
The alternative is to OCR the screenshots and then edit the resultant text.

Unfortunately, it will leave out a lot (for example, it cannot catch the
unselected options available in a pull-down menu.)  The authors will have to
manually add those things.

Secondly, we will have to OCR all the context menus, which is far more
laborious.

It is far simpler to take a listing and then edit it.

Copying from 2.49 may not work, because the GUIs seem to be vastly different
in terms of layout. The editing effort may be far more than a fresh
authoring effort!

A little copy-and-paste would be OK, I guess.

Any ideas?

***
Is there a core group already thinking of starting on the wiki?
Then I can start coordinating with the others...

-Raindrops