[Bf-docboard] New Lighting chapter

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 25 14:14:35 CEST 2009

Hi Luca,

Yes, I'm nearly OK with your TOC proposition, I'd just refine it a bit,
like that:

Lighting//

  *Lights* (intro from your "Common Options")
    Light properties (splitting Meta:Sandbox/Lighting/Lamps/Common Options)
    Light Attenuation
    Textures (splitting Meta:Sandbox/Lighting/Lamps/Common Options)
    What light affects (splitting Meta:Sandbox/Lighting/Lamps/Common Options)
    Lights in other contexts    (is "Related settings" now)

  *Shadows* (now it is in "Meta:Sandbox/Lighting/Light and Shadows")
+   Shadow Properties              (common shadow options)
+   Raytraced Shadow Properties    (common raytraced shadow options)
  *Volumetric lights* (now it is in "Meta:Sandbox/Lighting/Light and Shadows")

  *Lamps*
    Lamp
      Raytraced Shadows
    Hemi
    Area
      Raytraced Shadows
    Spot
      Buf Shadows Halo
      Buffered Halo Shadows
      Raytraced Halo Shadows
    Sun
      Raytraced Shadows
      Sky and Atmosphere
    Lighting Rigs

  **Radiosity*
    *Rendering
    Baking

  *Scene light*
    Ambient Light
    Ambient Occlusion
    Exposure

I think we are quite done now, so I'll prepare it directly for Manual
inclusion, and commit it in two weeks, except someone else as a (good ;)
) reason to be against that...

Regards,
Bastien