[Bf-docboard] Docboard re-activation

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Sat Dec 13 04:08:01 CET 2008

Hello,

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> But what a glorious mess our wiki is! :)

....indeed :)
I've made a graph of the wiki's structure at 13th December 2008, and Campbell has been so kind to put it here
http://download.blender.org/documentation/blender_wiki_081213.png
(beware, it is 30MB)

It's worth playing with it, you can find many small subtrees that have to find a place, and the flatness is evident.

I've used a color convention to distinguish the depth of the virtual folders (wiki doesn't have folders of course) so that
index.php/a/b/c is treated like it was
- a
  `- b
     `-c

Colors are: Red -> Yellow -> Green -> Brown -> Blue, so all the red baloons are right after index.php/, yellows are after the reds in the url  and so on.

I have omitted about 300 pages that are just after index.php and that have no "tail" (example http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/.blend).

Asap I'll try to simulate a cleaning and a possible structure and will make a graph of the thing.

Also, I'll add links among pages to see if that can help to understand, and external links possibly.

Meanwhile every suggestion is well accepted :)

Regards,
Luca

http://www.mindrones.com