[Bf-docboard] Re: Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 22, Issue 2

David Millet david at tellim.com
Tue May 2 20:20:22 CEST 2006

Ewout,

I naturally assumed you would disagree with me, because I was
disagreeing with you :)  I didn't feel that the things you listed were
really holding the writers back; but of course, if somebody wants to
tackle the issues you listed, I'm fine with that.  I believe that other
issues, mostly unrelated to MediaWiki, are holding documentation back.

I don't feel comfortable "forking" the MediaWiki engine, and luckily, I
don't believe any of the issues you listed will require a fork of the
MediaWiki engine.  Luckily, everything you listed should be doable
through plugins.  We should be able to get the extra
features/functionality without modifying the core, thus allowing to
continue to update the engine.  The plugin API is probably very stable
at this point, so whatever plugins we write will hopefully not be broken
with further wiki engine updates.

spiderworm