[Bf-docboard] Re: Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 22, Issue 2

Ewout Fernhout chocolade at extrapuur.nl
Tue May 2 19:54:59 CEST 2006

Hello,
I must say I disagree with spiderworms attitude on the talk page; he
thinks it's too much work and if we end up with a fork, that will make
updating a lot harder. I think however, that (after we have updated to
1.6.3, currently we're still on 1.5.2!) MediaWiki is stable and mature
enough to 'risk' this. On the other hand, a fork is not really
necessairy and even if so, if we document our changes well enough
(they are more likely additions than changes, which makes it even
easier), updating shouldn't be too hard.
Also, the benefits are very clear and imo have more priority than
having the latest version of MediaWiki, our admins have been slacking
with updates anyway :o)

I will react on the talk page later!

Ewout