[Bf-docboard] Are some long held conventions abandonned...

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Jun 28 12:51:00 CEST 2006

Hi Jean,

Yes, it's me who added the new key template style, it's actually part
of a larger project that I wrote about on this mailing list a week or
so ago. ( http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Broken/
SummerOfDocs2006Restructure )

usage of hotkey template within the documentation would be much
appreciated!

> I have edited the page now.
> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/PartI/Interface/
> Keyboard_and_Mouse#Keyboard_and_mouse
> I'm getting more comfortable with the keyboard metaphor and I
> pushed it a bit to write SHIFT ALT A on separate "key" (gray
> rectangles) rather than writing SHIFT-ALT-A on just one big one.

Actually for that you're better off using the Template {{SAK|A}}.
There are a bunch of different templates to use for various different
keys, modifiers and mouse buttons, and it's better if they can be
used. There is a list of them here:

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta/
Templates#Interface_Templates

Also, it's more readable to use Title Case and not UPPERCASE on the
keys, which is done automatically in the templates.

> Those "keys" are a bit big though and something should be done to
> bring them in line with the text and while so doing free the space
> between the lines (forgot the English technical term) since they
> sometimes almost touch.

I've lessened the padding around the text in the keys slightly so
they're not so large. Fits a bit more nicely with the text now.

Cheers,

Matt