[Bf-docboard] Are some long held conventions abandonned...

Jean Montambeault iaminnocent at videotron.ca
Sun Jun 25 22:54:06 CEST 2006

Ewout Fernhout wrote:
> On 6/25/06, Jean Montambeault <iaminnocent at videotron.ca> wrote:
>> Nope, after. Maybe I used some strange nick that I forgot but... well I
>> don't think so but that isn't beyond me.
>
> hehe, I know what the problem was: you have 2 user accounts now, one
> under "IamInnocent" and one under "Iaminnocent"... subtle difference
> if you don't take the capital-sensitivity into account.
Yaaaa... that's pretty much who I am LOL

>> Well, I can't say that I find it good looking, explicit and not
>> cumbersome but I don't feel like opening a debate on the subject.
>
> If you have any suggestions to improve this (this has been discussed
> on the list before, just search the archives of about 2 months ago)
> please tell...
I have edited the page now.
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/PartI/Interface/Keyboard_and_Mouse#Keyboard_and_mouse
I'm getting more comfortable with the keyboard metaphor and I pushed it
a bit to write SHIFT ALT A on separate "key" (gray rectangles) rather
than writing SHIFT-ALT-A on just one big one.
Those "keys" are a bit big though and something should be done to bring
them in line with the text and while so doing free the space between the
lines (forgot the English technical term) since they sometimes almost touch.
I guess that making the letters inside them on size smaller would do it
: the difference with the other uppercase letters in the text should not
be psychologically noticeable since they benefit from the emphasis
brought by the gray rectangles.

Jean