[Bf-docboard] License

Luke Stodola bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:42:10 -0500

I got the book the other day and have been reading through it.  It seems
the license is the OPL, not the OCL as I had thought.  Anyway, both of
these licenses are rather outdated.  I'd like to see Blender's docs use
the GNU GFDL instead, as it is much more standard for software
documentation.  My question is: how many contributors have there been,
and how feasible would it be to get permission to use another license at
some hypothetical point in the future?  The reason I'm bringing it up
now is that there will soon be a new influx of contributions, and before
long it could become impossible to figure out clearly who has copyright
on which part of the book.  In addition, it might be nice to see section
authors for the major sections listed.

Comments?