[Bf-docboard] Blender on Linux -- no, wait! on OSX!

Alex Heizer bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 01 Jan 2003 14:25:46 -0600

--------------090802060108080105090509

Hey Bart,

Here's the installation instructions for OSX:

------------------------------
Quick Install:
Download the file "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1.zip" from the
downloads section of the Blender Website. Extract it by double-clicking
the file, if it does not automatically extract as it downloads. Open the
folder "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1" and double-click the
"blenderpublisher" icon to start it. Drag the "blenderpublisher" icon to
the Dock to make an alias there.

In-depth Instructions:
Blender Publisher is available from the Blender Web site
(http://www.blender.org) in source form, and as a binary for Mac OSX.
Unless you have problems running the binary, you will not need to
download and compile the sources. From the downloads page, choose the
"NaN Blender Publisher 2.25" link. Next, select the "Blender
executables" link. You will not need a Publisher Key file for OS X.

Download the file "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1.zip" from the
downloads section of the Blender Website. If you use Internet Explorer,
the file will download and be automatically extracted with Stuffit(R)
(http://www.stuffit.com) to a folder on your Desktop named
"blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1". If you use Netscape, you will be
prompted to choose whether to download the file or have it automatically
extracted with Stuffit(R). If you choose to have Stuffit(R) extract it,
it will be extracted to a folder on your Desktop named
"blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1". If you choose to download it,
select a location and click "Save". Then navigate to the location you
saved the file in and double-click it to have Stuffit(R) open it in that
location. It will extract the files to a folder named
"blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1".

Open the "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1" folder, and double-click
the "blenderpublisher" icon to run Blender. You can also open your hard
drive (the Macintosh HD icon on your Desktop), and open your
Applications, then drag the "blenderpublisher" icon from the original
folder to the Applications folder. If you wish to leave the original
"blenderpublisher" file and make a copy in the Applications folder, hold
the option key while dragging. If you wish to make an alias to the
original "blenderpublisher" program, hold both the option and command
keys while dragging the icon.

You can also place the binary, a copy of the binary or an alias to the
binary on your Desktop instead of the Applications folder, or put an
alias on your Dock simply by dragging the program icon down to the Dock.
--------------------------------

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 01:30, Alex Heizer wrote:
>
>>>While we're talking about building - is there anyone who would like to
>>>describe the OS specific installation process of the binaries?
>>>(Windows/Linux/OsX/...)
>>>
>>>Bart
>>>
>>For OSX, it's a complicated process of unstuffing it and double-clicking
>>the icon. :)
>>
>>Seriously, it shoudl start Stuffit when it downloads, at which time, if
>>you'd like to keep your apps all in the Applications folder, copy the
>>binary to the Applications folder, and maybe drag the icon to the Dock
>>also. It's easier than the Linux  binary install, where you have to
>>untar it yourself. :)
>>

>Still, you'd be surprised at the ignorance of some users :-) As simple
>as it may be, I still think we should describe the process somewhere. Do
>you volunteer for OSX? It won't be much work ;-)
>
>Bart

--------------090802060108080105090509

<head>
</head>
Hey Bart,<br>
Here's the installation instructions for OSX:<br>
------------------------------<br>
Download the file "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1.zip" from the downloads
section of the Blender Website. Extract it by double-clicking the file, if
it does not automatically extract as it downloads. Open the folder "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1"
and double-click the "blenderpublisher" icon to start it. Drag the "blenderpublisher"
icon to the Dock to make an alias there.<br>
Blender Publisher is available from the Blender Web site (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.blender.org">http://www.blender.org</a>)
in source form, and as a binary for Mac OSX. Unless you have problems running
the binary, you will not need to download and compile the sources. From the
downloads page, choose the "NaN Blender Publisher 2.25" link. Next, select
the "Blender executables" link. You will not need a Publisher Key file for
OS X.<br>
download and be automatically extracted with Stuffit(R) (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.stuffit.com">http://www.stuffit.com</a>)
to a folder on your Desktop named "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1".
If you use Netscape, you will be prompted to choose whether to download the
file or have it automatically extracted with Stuffit(R). If you choose to
have Stuffit(R) extract it, it will be extracted to a folder&nbsp;on your Desktop
named "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1". If you choose to download it,
select a location and click "Save". Then navigate to the location you saved
the file in and double-click it to have Stuffit(R) open it in that location.
It will extract the files to a folder named "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1".<br>
Open the "blender-publisher-2.25-mac-osx-10.1" folder, and double-click the
"blenderpublisher" icon to run Blender. You can also open your hard drive
(the Macintosh HD icon on your Desktop), and open your Applications, then
drag the "blenderpublisher" icon from the original folder to the Applications
folder. If you wish to leave the original "blenderpublisher" file and make
a copy in the Applications folder, hold the option key while dragging. If
you wish to make an alias to the original "blenderpublisher" program, hold
both the option and command keys while dragging the icon.<br>
You can also place the binary, a copy of the binary or an alias to the binary
on your Desktop instead of the Applications folder, or put an alias on your
Dock simply by dragging the program icon down to the Dock.</tt><br>
Bart Veldhuizen wrote:<br>

--------------090802060108080105090509--