[Bf-docboard] Where do I start?

Stefano Selleri bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:38:59 +0200

Welcome :)

For what concern CVS system you really have to
worri only to do checkouts, that is, get stuff
from the CVS, because putting is restricted to few people.

So once you've wrote something, just send it to the list :)

RedHat 7.1 is quite old, isn't it? I'm not 100% sure
it has the docbook stuff completely compatible.

Anyway

1 - Do a CVS checkout

 From bash:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.blender.org:/cvsroot/docboard co
BlenderManual

If it does not work, there is a problem

2 - Go to the downloaded BlenderManual dir

type:

 make html

It should work and create html Doc

make pdf

creates pdf

make

creates both and compress the results

3 - If above works take a XML of your choiche and copy it, rename the copy

section_keyframes.xml or whatever and start edit :)

I strongly suggest you to have a look at the 2.0 guide which is online

on www.blender.org

If you feel it can be usefull I can provide you a (rought) translation

of that in XML (must be largely edited to correctly run)

Stefano