[Bf-docboard] Where do I start?

Eric Oberlander bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:58:39 +0100

on 21/8/03 7:38 am, Stefano Selleri at selleri@det.unifi.it wrote:

> 1 - Do a CVS checkout
>
> From bash:
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.blender.org:/cvsroot/docboard co
> BlenderManual
>
> If it does not work, there is a problem
>
> 2 - Go to the downloaded BlenderManual dir
>
> type:
>
> make html
>
> It should work and create html Doc
>
> make pdf
>
> creates pdf
>
> make
>
> creates both and compress the results

Hi

Can I add a minor correction, you need to type:

./make

if you are in the BlenderManual directory.

And, I think the 'make' file in CVS is very specific to Bart's setup, as it
contains some commands to scp file to www.blender.org, so you probably need
to edit it for your own situation.

Also, if you use this script to generate html, it will create a directory
called 'html' which will contain the various .html files. But the images
didn't appear when viewed in a browser. To view the .png images correctly, I
had to add a link to the gfx directory. So while in the html directory:

ln -sf ../gfx/ gfx

HTH

Eric