[Bf-committers] Blender and SDL

Wander Lairson Costa wander.lairson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:54:42 CET 2012

2012/3/14 Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> afaik blenderplayer fullscreen follows the same behaviour as if you
> maximize the window.

Well, at least for SDL, what blender does is to create a normal Window
and then, switch to full screen.

> In order to run it across desktops you need a system with support for
> 'desktop spanning'.

Well, as I know SDL can do what I need and I am running out of time, I
didn't looked up for other options.

>> The strategy which I am thinking is to embed the blenderplayer app.
> One thing you can try is to create a simple standalone that takes both
> your screens and use blenderplayer with the -i option (you will need
> the Parent Id of the standalone window for that) (which is the same
> strategy used by the Burster webplugin - www.geta3d.com).

You mean, a big screen covering both desktops as a parent?

> I know nothing about SDL, so wouldn't know if it would solve your problem.

If you create a SDL window in full screen mode, it will span across monitors...

--
Best Regards,
Wander Lairson Costa