[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, sunday sept 13, 2009

bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Tue Sep 15 02:46:30 CEST 2009

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi all,

I am watching progress very carefully ..  me on mine rocking chair ..
the heating blanket makes me warmnhumm
Yayatskchucka  ..wouldavlissenabit ( sorry but finnagain spoiled mine
perception a bit )
> - Dynamics: Janne Karhu (particle coder) proposes to unify the gravity
> parameters among all physics systems. He prefers to add a common
> gravity effector.

YES!
To me all the 'earth model like' gravity concepts (build in blender ..
oh i am guilty with that too) look like a 'Flash Gordon' scene:
A space craft  on it's  way to a foreign  planet got hit by some evil
'zap o kill'  gun and falls  DOWN!
IMHO the only way to handle this issue properly would be to introduce a
real 'Gravitation' with mass and distance and all .. which may or may be
not  what Janne had in mind. Anything else IMHO would be half way ..
(expect people  to want gravity lenses .. sigh)
me 2 cents
BM