[Verse-dev] Verse Projects

Arxontis Politis deadflagblue at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 19:01:35 CET 2009

Hello there,

My experience with Verse was focused on its acoustic extensions developed
for real-time physical sound inside architectural spaces - it was one of the
extensions developed for the Uni-verse project (www.*uni*-*verse*.org) ,
basically to be able to define a sound source inside a blender room model
along with acoustic properties of the room and then be able to listen how it
sounds inside that space. Useful for acoustic research and virtual-reality
systems.
The documentation was scarce but after a lot of time I managed to get it
compiled and running even though it was crashing frequenctly. I don't know
if there is anybody else apart from me that tried that but I would be
interested to find other testers.

I agree that verse is a great effort to just be left to fade away.

Cheers,
Akis