[Verse-dev] Fwd: VerseSharp?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Jul 7 20:54:47 CEST 2009

John said it would be good to forward this on, so here goes.

note this part: "I also have a project called ModVerse, a region module
for OpenSim that can be combined with ModRex (the realXtend module that
adds mesh support to OpenSim) to get real-time mesh editing between
Blender and OpenSim"

i wonder how the meshes get synched to the rexviewer (which doesn't
have verse support) though, the asset is replaced and the new ogre mesh
downloaded?

a general observation about verse as a quote from him:  "verse is a
perfectly reasonable protocol from what i have seen. the initial login
sequence is a tiny bit silly, but the actual state melding part seems
like the right thing to do. and real-time editing support between maya,
blender, and virtual worlds is definitely a big deal"

21:38 <antont> right-o

interested in seeing how this ends up,
~Toni

Begin forwarded message: