[Verse-dev] New versions of Quel Solaar apps.

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Thu Jul 3 09:56:36 CEST 2008

[new release]
> Hello , are there any guides in building from source for linux ?(or
> any platform for that matter!)
> I searched and could not find a thing! I could try and build from
> source and provide updated linux binaries.
> I am playing and evaluating (still nothing in production) verse and
> the verse apps, specially loq airou.
> thanks

Hi Theodore!

In the past, building in Linux was by simply running "make" in the
project directory. That goes for source retrieved from Blender SVN
though.

For Eskil's releases, I guess (I haven't actually taken the time to
look, sorry) that the build files are either missing or outdated, and
that some work needs to be done.

One thing you could to is to start with the code from SVN, then
overwrite that with Eskil's latest, and try building. That will (99.6%
surely) break, and then you spend time picking up the pieces, i.e.
gradually fixing build errors until you have something that builds.
This is rather intricate and time-consuming, but in general not very
difficult.

Regards,