[Verse-dev] Materal selection

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Tue May 23 10:03:11 CEST 2006

Eskil,

The question of how materials are assigned to objects has arisen a
little, and I thought I'd formulate something here, for the general
interest of the list's readers, and also to verify that I'm on the
right track.

I guess it boils down to:

* What happens if an object node has both a link to a material node
   labelled "material", *and* a set of links labelled after an inte-
   ger geometry layer?

That is, what it has both a single standard simple material, *and*
uses per-polygon material assignment as described here:
<http://verse.blender.org/cms/Multiple_Materials.674.0.html> ?

Which of the two specifications of the object's material takes
precedence, and which can be ignored? Or should they somehow be
"combined"?

Regards,