[Verse-dev] Bitmap problems

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Wed May 4 09:21:47 CEST 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005 08:56:50 +0200
Emil Brink <emil at obsession.se> wrote:

(replying to myself after some investigation)
> Theories include:
[...]

6) Tiles are all-zero in input VML data, i.e. the proper data never
   reached the vml-saver client to begin with, or it somehow fails
   to save the proper pixels.

All transmissions seem okay, there are 3 * 256 tiles being sent and
received by all parties as far as I can tell. It's just that the
tile data being sent by the loader client contains these blank tiles
for some layers. There are quite many, I added code to detect blank
tiles to the GIMP plug-in, it find 126 such tiles. Weird.

Next step in investigation: start two GIMPs, and see if the data is
missing from the beginning, to rule out a problem in the saver.

Regards,