[Verse-dev] Verse and Maya

Rémi Fontan remi at eggstorycp.com
Sat Jul 2 03:15:37 CEST 2005

Thank you for your responses.

I'm looking for a tool that allow collaborative work but may be not in
realtime. Currently we have people working on animation, some on
modeling and some on lighting. It would be nice when someone update an
object, material or animation curve that Verse ask the others whether
they want to upload the changes.

In the lighting team, we have a leader in charge to do all the
experiment, and then the other guys are in charge to lit all the shot.
When the leader change a material, it would be nice that thoses changes
propagate thanks Verse to the rest of the team.

Moreover, it would be nice that Verse keep track of those kind of data,
store them in a kind of CVS for example.

It's what I mean by using Verse as a control version system.

I read in the website there is a king of pluging that can store Verse
data on hard disk. Does that mean it's possible to add our own plugins
to Verse server?

Last question: We are currently only using Maya, is Maya verse plugin
available for testing?

Thanks!

--
Rémi Fontan