[Verse-dev] Spec updated

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Fri Apr 15 11:42:02 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:40:39 +0200
Emil Brink <emil at obsession.se> wrote:

> Hello.

(Replying to myself with some updates)

> I've just published (i.e., uploaded to the usual place at
> <http://www.blender.org/modules/verse/verse-spec/>) a new version
> of the Verse spec.

Now there's an even better version there. :)

> Major changes include:
> * Cleaned up in general API
>    - Removed obsolete functions (ping)

This was incorrect, of course. Ping is not obsolete, I meant the
verse_send_get_time() command-sending function.

> There is more, but those are the majors. Still missing is description
> of the new quaternion data structures, I'll get on that now.

That's been taken care of now, the relevant commands (o_transform_rot)
now use quaternions.

I also fixed a couple of bugs and omissions in the processing behind the
scenes, that:
 * Caused mask descriptions (for optional parameters) to be missing.
   See the o_transform_pos commands for instance.
 * Caused spurious commas in function synopsis where optional (masked)
   parameters were being used.
 * Caused array parameters to be incorrectly shown as scalars in
   function synopsis.

Enjoy.

Regards,