[Verse-dev] Spec updated

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Fri Apr 15 09:40:39 CEST 2005

Hello.

I've just published (i.e., uploaded to the usual place at
<http://www.blender.org/modules/verse/verse-spec/>) a new version
of the Verse spec.

Major changes include:
* Cleaned up in general API
   - Removed obsolete functions (ping)
   - Much more detailed description of time (in session_get_time())
   - Corrected "milliseconds" in callback_update() to "microseconds"
   - Added the new session_get() function
   - Removed obsolete connect_deny() function

* R5 changes in geometry node
   - Renamed g_vertex_set_real32_xyz into g_vertex_set_xyz_real32 (R5)

* Updated coverage of audio node, follows R5 changes done during
  this week.
   - Layers renamed into buffers, a much better name
   - New figure illustrating the audio buffers' internals
   - Describes the 24-bit sample format in detail
   - Describes new VNABlock union
   - Removed obsolete compression functions
   - Removed obsolete transfer mode talk
   - Describe streams

There is more, but those are the majors. Still missing is description of
the new quaternion data structures, I'll get on that now.

Enjoy, and never hesitate to report any problems or omissions from this
document.

Regards,