[Verse-dev] Verse R4pre

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Fri Sep 17 14:05:48 CEST 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:23:38 +0200
Thorsten Jordan <Thorsten_Jordan at gmx.de> wrote:

> Nathan Letwory wrote:
> >>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:04:14 +0300 (EEST)
> >>
> > I have a small problem, though. In a previous patch I tried to add object
> > nodes (using verse_send_node_create(0,V_NT_OBJECT,G.v_avatar)), but all
> > that happens is that at blenders side the command gets sent, but nothing
> > is received in the server. The odd thing is, that doing so from Connector
> > works as expected. Walking through the code I see no actual difference in
> > the actual verse_send_node_create call. Do other people have any
> > experience with this?
> i think it is the same problem we discussed some weeks ago: when you
> send a create with an existing node id (here 0) it is treated as change,
> and no new node is created. you have to use 0xffffffff as node_id to
> create new nodes and count down this number by one for each created node
> (you may want to look at my pusher code for an example)

Nathan is using r3p2, so it's possible this is the problem. I just wanted
to point out that in r4, it seems ~0 (0xffffffff) is indeed working as a
"reserved" ID, and can be used in multiple create-calls without problem
as there is never an existing node with that ID, and since the event comp-
ession code knows about its magical status and leave tehm a