[Verse-dev] Verse R4pre

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Fri Sep 17 11:45:01 CEST 2004

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:04:14 +0300 (EEST)
>
> I guess I should update the CVS repository as well, but I'm waiting for
> yet
> another release from Eskil.

No hurry for me ;) I mentioned it so people know what version I'm working
with.

> Anyway, just happy to see the action, looking forward to seeing it live on
> the Blender Conference.

That's kinda the target for me. I hope to have working stuff sooner,
though, but I can tell that it was exciting to do
SPACEBAR>>Add>>Verse>>Verse Plane (which actually tries to add a cube ;)
and see it appear in Loq instantly.

Anyway, there's still lots of things to be done (mainly integrating verse
into the editing scheme of Blender).

I have a small problem, though. In a previous patch I tried to add object
nodes (using verse_send_node_create(0,V_NT_OBJECT,G.v_avatar)), but all
that happens is that at blenders side the command gets sent, but nothing
is received in the server. The odd thing is, that doing so from Connector
works as expected. Walking through the code I see no actual difference in
the actual verse_send_node_create call. Do other people have any
experience with this?

/Nathan

(ps. see the wiki page for the older patch that tries to do so. NB: very
wip patch)