[Verse-dev] Verse R4pre

Brecht Van Lommel blendix at pandora.be
Wed Sep 15 20:53:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

I tested the code for a while, and found it to be very unstable. All
clients seem to either crash or stop working after a few commands. Still
haven't gotten it to work. But here are some things I found:

There are two syntax errors, in v_network.c, v_n_get_current_time (the
non-windows version). A ; is missing, and "*fractions +" should be
"*fractions =".

The 'bind' function is always called, even for clients. An unsuccessful
call leads to exit(0) in the code, causing the client to quit. I guess
that function works differently on other OSes.

Also, Emil did a fix related to this in one of the previous releases
(starting a client before the server would not work). Might be good to
make sure it is in r4p0 as well.

A minor remark: I think the return type of verse_session_get_avatar (now
uint32) should be a VNodeID.

In vs_node_storage.c, callback_send_node_list. Iterating over the nodes
now starts at 1. It should either start at 0, or no node with id=0
should be created.

I've also included a simple app that crashes, with logs and backtrace.

Cheers,
Brecht.