[Verse-dev] Error in spec

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Wed Oct 27 19:51:59 CEST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:29:13 +0200
Thorsten Jordan <Thorsten_Jordan at gmx.de> wrote:

> Emil Brink schrieb:
> > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:23:35 +0200
> > Peter Lundén <plu at tii.se> wrote:
> >
> > I would actually go so far as to encourage all developers to check out
> > the release-r4-branch branch of Verse from CVS, and then update their
> > repositories from time to time.
>
> the gimp-plugin has to be ported to the tile-size-is-8-code yet.
> Does the author of it read this list?

That author is noone else but Brecht Van Lommel, and he certainly is
on the list. He even has commit-rights to the Verse CVS nowadays. :)

> Any chances for an new win32 binary for it? installing gtk-dev,gimp-dev
> etc. to compile it is no fun ;-)

I'll leave that one for Brecht to answer.

> > The downside, of course, is that CVS is sometimes intentionally broken,
> > too. :)
> can this be handled with branched? release-r4-branch has the stable
> fixes, other branches all the experimental work? I update verse very
> oftem from cvs, since many fixed are made the last weeks, but i want a
> working version after each checkout :-)

It most certainly can, and I will try to be careful. Actually, I was
probably a bit too negative above; I generally run the latest CVS
version myself so I of course have an interest in keeping it working.

But, if there is major restructuring to be done in the future, it
is helpful to have CVS during the development too, and in that case
we will take care to branch it and communicate which branch is which.

Regards,