[Verse-dev] new pusher version with confirmation

Thorsten Jordan Thorsten_Jordan at gmx.de
Sun Oct 24 15:43:12 CEST 2004

Hello,

i've adapted my pusher so that it confirms the data, possibly resending
it, if it fails.
Get a code archive from
www.student.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/~thjordan/pusher.tar.gz

(bitmap tiles are not rechecked at the moment)

this pusher can handle the bunny with my viewer. test scenes seem to
work also.

only calls that set layer data are resent, other calls are made directly.

beware, current code state is a big jungle!

so far i have only one problem: packet loss. the pusher prints how many
calls are lost each try, i send all pending commands, wait a moment
(sleep) then call verse_callback_update. In each run around 96% of
packages are lost and need to be resent. It is interesting that this
number keeps surprisingly stable, no matter how many calls are done per run!

Here must be some problem in the network send/receive code. Sometimes
the program crashes inside a verse function (deep in the code)

Happy hacking and testing...

--
Greetings, Thorsten