[Verse-dev] QuelSolaar in CVS

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Sat Oct 23 20:45:51 CEST 2004

Hello.

I just imported Eskil's "Quel Solaar" into CVS. Quel Solaar is the
name given to the suite of applications that currently consists of
the Loq Airou modeler, the Connector browser/whatever, the UV Editor,
and the actual Quel Solaar renderer.

This codebase also includes the Enough, Betray, Seduce and (new!
Persuade libs that have been mentioned here earlier.

I included my original version of a Makefile for us Unix-heads, but
that's all there is at the moment.

"Persuade" requires OpenGL 2, so it has been disabled by replacing
the real persuade.h header with an empty one that prevents it from
being compiled at all. Eskil has promised to provide an OpenGL 1.x-
fallback later.

We're very interested in getting anyone to maintain or even continue
development on these tools, which of course would require handing
out write access to the repository. How that is going to work in
practice is yet to be determined, but please let us know if you're
interested... :)

Regards,