[Verse-dev] Material fragments

Eskil Steenberg verse-dev@blender.org
Wed Aug 18 16:08:00 CEST 2004

Hi

> this is important for my clients... e.g. 3ds has objects that consist
> of several meshes, each with own material. That could be modelled with
> multiple links to geometry and material nodes. For now i use one link
> per object node and create one object node per mesh additionally.
>
> This could be one solution to the problem: just allow one link of type
> geometry/material per object node.

As I said, I dont really know how this is to be done.

Perhaps one can only connect one real geometry node to a object node,
but you could connect more then one object children that in turn could
connect to more geometry nodes.  Then you can give each geometry their
own transform as well. I think it may be a good idea but i have to think
more about the details of it.

Does this solution look good?