[Verse-dev] Bitmap layer ids

Eskil Steenberg verse-dev@blender.org
Tue Aug 17 16:10:58 CEST 2004

Hi

>If you think this scenario to the end this will lead to the point, that
>every client HAS to get the hole server world first!

No, not at all, The client knows that the id -1 is reserved and can use
that id.

>I agree with thorsten that its not a big deal to introduce a change
>command...

Maybe not for you but for verse its a huge deal. And any way how would
the tow commands differ? not at all. my code would become a lot more
clumsy if i had to handle that many more callbacks. a change and a set
is almost the same. You still have to run the same checks for both so
one isnt much faster then the other.

>We are in an early state of development, so better do such discussions now and solve it then in 1 year...

I have been working with verse for about 6-7 years...