[Verse-dev] New releases, with new uv app

Eskil Steenberg verse-dev@blender.org
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:17:16 +0200

Hi

Im leaving tomorrow morning for siggraph, and Emil just uploaded a new
zip with all my application code (including 3 win32 exe files).

What is so great about this code is that it should be compilable under
Linux and OSX. Im currently running all apps under OSX. several bugs
have emerged during the porting and have been fixed. Im going to run the
OSX version for an other week so im sure more stuff will emerge.

My big Siggraph surprise is a new verse app! its a uv editor that I
wrote last week. Admittedly it is lacking some features (such as undo)
but it is actually a useful tool. it has basic zoom, pan, selection,
transform, rotate, scale, snap, collapse, and projection. But it also
have some new innovative features such as "unfold" and a edge collapse
features.

 My plan is to finish the tool of when i get back from siggraph, and
then get back to verse development. So there wont  be a R4 for at least
3 weeks. There are some Api concerns that needs to be worked at, but my
main interest  is to change some things on how verse does  login and
data transfer. I want verse to be a lot faster then it is today. I will
also begin working on encryption to make verse more secure.

Cheers