[Universe-feedback] Hanging/Crashing Issues and Ideas

zenaphex at gmail.com zenaphex at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 06:22:33 CET 2006

Very cool stuff so far.Too bad I have my issues of crashing and such
but that's understandable with any software. Couple of issue I would
like to point out...

1. Quel Solaar - Loading ./vml/building.vml hangs program. It
shouldn't take that long to process the file if it can load the
cube-on-ground.vml in no time.

2. Loq Airou - Sometimes doing a Full Crease crashes program.

3. Connector - Adding a Texture fragment after adding Color, Light,
Blender and Output hangs program. Reconnecting immediately hangs
program upon program desktop entry.

Some ideas after working with it a bit...

1. Quel Solaar - Possible to have some type of status indicator of VML
being loaded? I'm fine with a shell-based indicator.

2. Loq Airou - Some way to better snap vertexes. How to make a "perfect" square?

3. Loq Airou - Possible to somehow pre-create a object node
automatically for geometry created.

4. Connector - Creating new nodes, then clicking on desktop to list
each node shows new nodes overlapping other nodes. Some kind of
initial auto-arrangement of new nodes would be helpful.

Sorry to bug ya. ;-) Very promising stuff by the way. I would totally
use it for my own 3D world creation and letting people explore like
they would a web page on the internet. Much more immersive experience.