[Universe-feedback] Verse connexion with 2 or more Blender

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Mon Aug 14 08:48:08 CEST 2006

leau2001 wrote:
> Hi,

Hello.

> I try to connect another computer thrue the web to my Verse Blender server.

Cool!

> On my own personnal computer, i run Verse and Blender, i connect this
> blender verse as localhost.

Right.

> On my personnal network all is ok, i find easily my verse server and
> that's works good for the moment.

Glad to hear it.

> But  nobody from internet can connect to my server... I used ZoneAlarm
> firewall and allow Verse as a server from 4950 port, why all is ok from
> my Personnal Network and don't work with the web connexion...

Good question. It's probably some networking detail that is preventing
the traffic from reaching the server, but it's very hard to help figure
out what, without more details of your setup and network.

How do you connect to the Internet? Unless your computer is directly
connected to the Internet, it may not have a publicly visible IP
address, for instance. Does it? If you connect through (for instance)
an ADSL router or modem, you might need to tell it to forward the
traffic ... Just some thoughts.

Regards,

/Emil