[Uni-verse] Final review date

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Mon Apr 23 11:48:19 CEST 2007

Full system with headphones in Brussels should be possible. It is a
bit more risky since we can not test everything before so well. And
the listening experience provided with loudspeakers would be much more
impressive than with headphones :-).

Regards,
	Lauri

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Gert Svensson wrote:

> The commission seems to have budget restrictions.
> Would it be possible to run a full system but with headphones in Brussels?
>
> Best Regards
> Gert
>
> Peter Lundén skrev:
> >Dear colleagues,
> >
> >I think it will be difficult to fully demonstrate the audio system in
> >Brussels. It will be very difficult and expensive to set up a
> >loudspeaker system there under decent acoustic conditions and I think
> >that is is not so good to only demonstrate the system with headphones.
> >
> >I vote for Helsinki, there is a very good reason for that and that is
> >the very nice room with good acoustics and a 24-channel audio-system
> >that is available. The demo would be so much more impressive.
> >
> >Regards,
> >--PLu
> >
> >Gert Svensson wrote:
> >
> >>Dear Friends,
> >>
> >>the final date for the final review has now been set to June 29.
> >>Peter Astheimer couldn't make it to that date so he will be replaced with
> >>a new reviewer.
> >>
> >>The commission pushes hard for having the review in Brussels.
> >>What implications would that have on the demo?
> >>
> >>Best Regards
> >>Gert

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 TKK, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014