[Uni-verse] Siggraph 2006

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon May 8 19:34:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

I still don't have the final budget, need more information from US
booth constructing still. I'm also still waiting for confirmation from
potential partners.

To recap;

Potential partners: Blender, Uni-Verse, Gnome (Gimp), Inkscape?
Sponsors: Linux Fund, Redhat, HP

Target: organize the Open Source Pavillion, showing CG tools for
artists/developers/business people.

Booth: 20x30 feet island, can be a high construction showing partner
names, has at least 4 permanent 'demo pods' for the partners to
showcase products. There will be a couple of large screens to show
videos/presentations in a loop.
Centrally a large projection screen available for tutorial/demos for
audience.

Partners get mentioned large in display, screening time on the
displays, at least one 'pod' and equally shared time on the big screen
for demos.

For uni-verse the target is quite obvious; we have to get in touch with
(business) developers of CG software corporations to show them the
concept and benefits of verse and the entire platform.
Success will be difficult to measure... most important is first to get
in the picture, so an efficient follow up can be done later too.

The budget estimated total is 30,000 euro max. Each partner should
cover 1/6 of that. Blender Foundation will produce it all, without
including people's fee... I only mean expenses here.

Alternative is a smaller booth, 10x20, in an aisle. Will get fewer
visitors, and certainly not look that professional. I might do this by
teaming up with Gimp only. However, I don't mind then showing
Blender-Verse-Gimp, of course... so Eskil/Gert or whomever visits
Siggraph can use the booth occasionally for demos to interested
(business) people.

May 15th is deadline for the large booth.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org