[Uni-verse] OSGVerse

eskil at obsession.se eskil at obsession.se
Fri Apr 7 17:59:19 CEST 2006

Hi

To day i got my first chance to test out OSGVerse. I started out by making a
simple scene with a geometry node with a box in it, then i created two object
nods pointing to it, and a simple material node containing a output connected
to a blender connected to a light and a color.

As i started it up i could see the two cubes (no SDS), but they where
both gray
so i thought i would simplify the material by just having a object node
pointing to a color. Nothing happened. So then i went on to move the two
objects using transforms, nothing happened. Then I opened up LoqAirou and I
pulled some vertices's and did some extrudes. Again nothing happened. Then I
changed the links for the two objects. nothing happened, I created a
new object
node and connected it to the same material and geometry node. it didn't
show up
in OSGVerse. Finally I tried to delete object nodes form the scene and now
finally it started to respond to my actions although sporadically.

I was expecting more render features. but none of that really matters, because
this rendering engine isn't even dynamic and that's kind of the point of using
verse. The way this works one might as well use a file. If this is going to
pass as a high quality renderer before the review you got some work to do.

Cheers