[Uni-verse] Drafts - D9.1 & D9.2

Lauri Savioja las at tml.hut.fi
Tue Feb 15 13:36:28 CET 2005

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the drafts. I think that they are in quite good
shape. Please, find my comments in the following:

---

D9.1
----

8. Advisory Board

I don't remember by heart what we have said about the members of the
board, but at this stage I would be happy if we could say thatwe would
like to have members from academic world as well. In the proposals
I've seen, there are at least two university professors.

BTW. If we plan to have the advisory board meetings at SIGGRAPH, is
this the way to make the commission to pay our travel expenses there,
outside of Europe :-) ?

9. Detailed descriptions ...

Results 14 and 15

I think you could combine the two as follows:

14. Audio culling and sound rendering modules (WP 7.3 and WP 7.4)

A first prototype for the framework for room acoustic modeling (WP
7.3) and reproduction (WP 7.4) is expected in February 2005, and
finished in February 2006. It will be exploited mostly in further
research and development inside Uni-Verse project. This will be
released as open source and there are no plans to protect the IPR.

Result 17

I think we could leave out the acoustic simulation benchmark. I
consider it is mostly for our internal validation of the systems
isntead of an exploitable result.

D9.2
----

4. Target groups

I think it is not realistic to list Audio Engineering Society at this
point. It is really large society, and our work is a bit out of their
scope.

Instead, we can easily list "ACM SIGGRAPH Finland". The Finnish chapter
was former couple of weeks ago, and the chair of the board is sitting
in the next room from mine.

We have good contacts to ICAD, and we can contact them, although the
community is mostly the scientific conference theu organize
annually. In practice this means that we will submit papers, and
maybe demos as well, to the conferences.

6.2 Software

In my opinion, you could remove this section, and in the begining of
current 6.7 tell that all the source is relased through open source,
and give a pointer to the list of releases in the other document.

6.4.

I would like to change the title to something like "Scientific papers
and magazine articles".

By this means we could easily modify the first sentence to better
reflect the reality: ".. via academic channels such as peer-reviewed
journals and conferences, but ..."

6.8 Demonstrations

Maybe it is too obvious and not worth telling, but I think that we all
aim to build demos such that we have something impressive in each
project review :-).

6.9. Dissemination

Could you please add HUT to the last setence as well. Something like
"And furthermore, both Fraunhofer IGD and HUT will ... to the tasks
they have to perform in the project respectively.

---

Regards,
	Lauri

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Angela Plohman wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have uploaded drafts of D9.1 (Exploitation Plan) and D9.2
> (Dissemination Plan) onto the Uni-Verse website
> <http://www.uni-verse.org> (after you login to the member section) under
> Work Package 9.
>
> I am finalising the two overview tables for these deliverables and will
> upload them in the same place as soon as they are done.
>
> Please send any comments you have on these drafts as soon as possible. I
> have indicated in yellow where I still have questions or need further
> input from some/all of you.
>
> Many thanks for your contributions to these deliverables and please do
> not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
>
> All the best,
> Angela

Lauri Savioja
Telecommunications Software and Multimedia Laboratory
Helsinki University of Technology
PO Box 5400, FIN-02015 HUT, Finland
Tel. +358-9-451 3237     Fax +358-9-451 5014