[Uni-verse] Members to the advisory board

torbjorn at tii.se torbjorn at tii.se
Sun Feb 6 17:01:52 CET 2005

hi

> about an Uni-Verse advisory group.
>
> This is a good idea, but we need to figure out what we want to use them
> for. Are they going to steer the entire project, or do we need different
> experts for different parts of the project? If we have a unifyed board we
> need representation from the folowing fealds:¨

an advisory group don´t steer it advices, and as Gert said we don´t have to
follow their advice if we disagree.

> Games
> Audio simulation
> Animation / visual efects
> VR
> Architectiual visualization

just about the same as gert listed i think.

> But some have hinted that this group should work as ambassadors for the
> project. And this makes it harder to select them. I know some people that

for instance a person as Dan Sandin, EVL, knows a lot about games, audio
simulation, animation and visual effects one of the founders of the whole
VR area and he has a huge contact network both in the US, Japan and what
he doesn´t know he has contacts that know. if people like him is
interested it is worth gold both from an advice perspective and from an
ambassador perspective. the same goes for Sheldon Brown....

in my opinion it must be better having an continuous advisory group than
having a couple of meetings at Siggraph.

well could not help giving this comments :-) i am letting go of this now.

cheers

torbjorn j