[Uni-verse] Problem Urgent

Ton Roosendaal uni-verse@blender.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:27:44 +0100

Hi all,

I've been going over all details the past hours with Angela. The
planning as we've made for 2004-2006 was based on how to realistically
cover the other 50% for this project, but the total revenues of the
Foundation is not scheduled to be much more, certainly not this year.

With such a limited cashflow, the projected payments were absolutely
essential for us to be able to do the necessary investments. Or to
recap, we expected the following payment schedule:

month 1: half of 85% of 50%
month 7: half of 85% of 50%
month 19: 15% of 50%

with an identical payment schedule repeated for the second 18 month
period.

This really is the minimum acceptable schedule for us... I was already
intended to discuss next week whether the larger partners would be
potentially willing to accept a 'consortium fund', where some money
will be put in to cover variable expenses for the dissemination
workpackage.

When the above 85% will go down to 26.6%, it will mean we'll have to
pre-finance over 40k euro extra over a period of 1.5 year. If that's
been correctly interpreted by me, I'm sorry to already announce I can
not sign next week.

So, I think we now have two choices:

wont go bankrupt, indeed!)
You could put the highest pressure possible on them, because they were
the ones who changed this last minute. When this causes a 2-3 month
delay, so be it. I already booked the ticket and hotel for next week,
so we can still do the kick-off and start initial preparations.

2) Internally only, the bigger partners in the consortium can agree on
accepting 22% instead of 26.67%. The amount of money this frees up is
sufficient to pay the BF according the originally agreed schedule.
Question of course remains whether this would be even accepted by the
EU.

Regards,

-Ton-