[Uni-verse] [Fwd: Re: Uni-Verse]

Gert Svensson uni-verse@blender.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:47:20 +0100

--------------030005050303030506050603

We have decided to have the entire conference at KTH
I enclose a list of hotels in Stockholm some close to KTH.

Best Regards
Gert

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would really appreciate hints for hotels to contact for
> reservation...?
>
> Plus I need confirmation the sessions will all be in the same
> location  (KTH?). And how is this location called? Then I can check
> hotels how  far they are from this.
>
> -Ton-
>

> On Thursday, Jan 15, 2004, at 16:37 Europe/Amsterdam, Gert Svensson
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> the following email from our Project Officer means that we can have
>> the start-up meeting as planned.
>>
>> DISCLAIMER
>> In principal there still a risk that the project won't get started
>> but  I judge that risk as minimal.
>> I hope you all agree with that
>> END DISCLAIMER
>>
>> After discussion with Peter Becker and Eskil I have come up
>> with the following proposal for an agenda.
>> Note that we are discussing both technical implementations
>> questions,  end-user questions
>> and management questions. So I suggest that everyone who is going to
>> work in the project to
>> comes to the start-up meeting, both managers and  technical staff.
>>
>> The first day is planned as a Verse overview and programing session.
>> This is to get everyone up to speed on what Verse is today.
>> This session is not for end-users but all technical staff and
>> managers  are welcome.
>>
>> The second and third day is for everyone.
>>
>> Wednesday Feb. 4
>>
>> 10-12 Verse Technical Overview  KTH
>> 12- 14 Lunch
>>
>> 14-17  Verse Programming  KTH
>>
>> Thursday  Feb. 5
>>
>> 9.30 - 11.00  Project overview  Location to be decided
>>
>> 11.00 -12 .00  Definition of demonstrators
>>
>> 12.00-13.30 Lunch
>>
>> 13.30-17.30  Specification of functionality (WP2)
>>
>> Friday  Feb. 6
>>
>> 9.30-11.00  Contd. specification Summing up.
>>
>> 11. 00-12-00 Presentation for the press  KTH
>>
>> 12.00-13.30 Lunch  KTH
>>
>> 13.30-16.00  PCC meeting Decisions about work plan  KTH
>>
>> 16.00  Adjourn
>>

>> Please feel free to comment on the agenda!
>>
>> The Wednesday session will ba at KTH as well as the Friday session.
>>
>> We are still checking if a conference venue would be possible from
>> Wednesday dinner to Friday breakfast.
>> Please wait with final hotel reservation for this period in
>> Stockholm  until this is completed.
>> Anyway persons not taking part in the Verse programming session
>> should  still be present at KTH in Stockholm
>> 17.00 Wednesday afternoon for a get-together dinner.
>>
>> Please let me know who is planning to take part in the meeting and
>> when you arrive to Stockholm!
>>
>> Best  Regards
>> Gert
>>

>> From: Eric.Badique@cec.eu.int
>> Date: Wed Jan 14, 2004  14:51:46 Europe/Amsterdam
>> To: gert@pdc.kth.se
>> Cc: Adelaide.Saafi@cec.eu.int
>> Subject: RE: Uni-Verse

> [...]

Hotels near KTH

Hotel Arcadia
Address: Körsbärsvägen 1
Phone: +46-8-566 215 00
Fax: +46-8-566 215 01
E-mail: reception@arcadia.elite.se
http://www.elite.se/eng/hotell/stockholm/arcadia/

Closest hotel to KTH. Within 5 min walk. Medium standard.
Special price if you mention that you are a KTH guest.

Hotel Birger Jarl
Address: Tulegatan 8
Phone: +46-8-674 18 00
Fax: +46-8-673 73 66
http://www.birgerjarl.se/eindex.html

Within 10 minutes walk. Business standard.

Drottning Victorias Örlogshem
Adress: Teaterg. 3
11148 STOCKHOLM
Phone +46 8 611 01 13
http://www.tarni.com/victoria.htm

Charmy naval hotel in center of Stcokholm with very good prices
Used mainly by the Swedish defence. 20 min walk or underground

Hotel Mälardrottningen
Riddarholmen
Phone: +46-8-545 18 780
Fax: +46-8-24 36 76
E-mail: receptionen@malardrottningen.se
http://www.malardrottningen.se

Close to the Underground station “Gamla Stan” (The Old Town), 10 minutes ride from
KTH. The hotel is located on a boat.

Scandic Hotel Park

Address: Karlavägen 43
Phone: +46-8-517 348 00
http://www.hotelbook.com/static/welcome_00399.html
http://www.scandic-hotels.com/br/50/50indexfromfirstpage.asp

Within 15 minutes walking distance from KTH.

Hilton Hotel Stockholm Slussen
Address: Guldgränd 8
Phone: +46-8-517 353 00

Business standard. Close to the underground station Slussen 10 minutes ride from KTH.

Boka Hotell & Konferens AB
Phone: +46-8-545 910 10
Fax: +46-8-673 06 25
E-mail: info@bokahotell.se
http://www.bokahotell.se

A central reservation office in contact with most hotels in Stockholm. Good service
when everything is fully booked, and also to get campaign prices at more expensive
hotels.  No extra charge for the reservation.
This list includes hotels with single rooms in price classes SEK 850 - SEK 1.800. Ask for
a price when making the reservation.

--------------030005050303030506050603--