[Uni-verse] Functional Specifications

Emil Brink uni-verse@blender.org
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:17:25 +0100 (MET)

Hello.

I seem to recall that we each have responsibility for some writing
some kind of specifications, with a deadline on the 8th of March if
memory serves.

It would be helpful to me at least, who although I consider myself
fairly experienced with software development, have never had the
opportunity to work in an environment where formal specifications
were being used, to get some pointers regarding this subject.

I googled, and unless anyone has some obvious (and preferably online
and/or free, so we don't have to spend our precious funding on books)
reference, suggest this article:

as a primer on the subject of *Functional* specifications? It'd be
superb if someone with this experience could check it out and offer
some comments (Craig, for instance?). All I can say is that it seems
pretty sane, if this is indeed what we are looking after. It might
even be too detailed, for this first round of specs.

Comments, anyone?

/Emil