[tuhopuu-devel] Camera fly-mode

Ewout chocolade at extrapuur.nl
Sat Aug 6 11:05:13 CEST 2005

Chris Burt wrote:
 > Don't forget the actual camera fly mode..
 >
 > 1. Press Numpad 0 to activate camera
 > 2. Press Shift F to activate fly mode then:
 >
 >      LMB = forward
 >      MMB = reverse
 >     CTRL = descend
 >      ALT = ascend
 >    SPACE = place camera in current location
 >      ESC = quit to original camera position

That's nice, I really didn't know of this a function, even though I had
talked about my idea with some other blenderheads.
Still, nobody commented on my idea yet, which remains unchanged. The Fly
Mode (Chris) you describe is nice for the actual flying, during which
you can watch your model, but for positioning the camera it is not very
usefull and/or intuitive.

The other method Robert described takes more sub-steps. I think my
method makes Robert's redundant. Or am I wrong to assume that I would
feel natural to treat the camera as a viewport while inside?

Ewout